1. La Paz is the cleanest city I have ever seen, there is absolutely no litter in the streets.
2. We have yet to see a native smoking, have only seen the occasional American.
3. The locals are exercise fanatics. They run, bike, rollerblade and speed walk on the Malecon. They also have what looks like organized exercising, and even something that looks like a cross between a treadmill and a stepper facing the water, there are 4 or 5 of these contraptions. Last night at 9:30, while we were walking back from the restaurant, they had an exercise class on the sand!!! I’m feeling out of shape…
4. The beaches are the best I’ve seen in all our travels. The water is crystal clear and warm; the sand is white and soft; the pelican and seagull show is thoroughly entertaining, and they even have palm tree umbrellas at the beach for getting away from the sun.
5. They truly understand the hospitality business. They are gracious and will do what they can to make sure you are happy.